RECIPES     GARDEN     WISDOM     ETSY SHOP     CONTACT

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Green Tomato Gazpacho {Vegan & Gluten Free}

Green Tomato Gazpacho (Vegan and Gluten Free)

We are in the heart of the summer and I wanted to try a green tomato Gazpacho recipe I found in one of my ELLE à Table magazine {French recipe magazine}. The recipe is really easy to follow, only require 6 ingredients and no cooking. Perfect plan for a lazy summer weekend...

I really enjoyed this Gazpacho so I wanted to share it with you.


Green Tomatoes Cherry tomatoes growing in my garden

Green Tomatoes


Ingredients

1 cucumber
2 green tomatoes
2 small fresh onions
6 sprigs of basil
2 lemon juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Sea salt & Pepper



Green Tomato Gazpacho (Vegan and Gluten Free) Green Tomato Gazpacho {Vegan & Gluten Free}


Preparation

First, rinse the cucumber and tomatoes. Cut them in quarters and remove the seeds.
Peel the onions and rinse the basil.

Next, place the 4 ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and blend until you get a nice smooth velouté consistency. Juice the lemon over the bowl, add the olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and blend one more time.

Refrigerate the gazpacho for at least 1 hour, and serve with some small basil leaves and basil blossoms.


White Onions

White onions from my gardens that I used for the recipe. As a novice that I am, I planted my onion too deep, so they did not bulbed and ended up looking like leeks. At least, the have the taste of an onion, and I have my lesson for next season...

White Onions

Stylish onions with pretty braids.


No comments:

Post a Comment